Sunday, September 9, 2007

1-1

The Cougars had their home opener on Saturday afternoon. The good Lord had blessed us with a beautiful day. Going into the game I was a little worried and nervous, but once we hit the field for warm-ups I was comfortable. Plus I was very happy when I saw the offensive formations the Maroons of the University of Chicago. I was confident we were well prepared for what they were going to run.

We won the coin toss and choose to defer till the second half. U of Chicago decided to return the kick from us. Perfect, I love going on defense first. Ummm...... that did not work out to well. We played relatively well, but there were about 5 or 6 plays that hurt us defensively. The offense had no response to their veteran defense. It was not a fun afternoon.

The good news is that we still have another game coming up. We start work on Monday for our game against Rose-Hulman Institute.

Go Cougars and Packers!!!!

1 comment:

JBrandt said...

Well, I hope your Cougars fair better next weekend. Why the lack of caustic quip and syntactic barbs? With the Wolverines at 0-2, I have no right to mock others...ever.
Well, at least until we get a victory.

Ugh!