Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sports Controversy


In a time when new controversies in sports seam to be an everyday occurrence, I believe I have found one I cannot fathom to accept. The Journal Sentinel Online has a "Daily Sports Poll" and toady's poll asks the readers if they believe the Sausage Race held at every home baseball game for the Brewers is rigged, fixed, set-up. As a fan of the Brewers and especially the Sausage Race I am hurt. I can handle the Barry Bonds steroid issue, Spy-gate does not bother me or who cares what Jose Canseco says. These stories do not tear at my heart and soul like the thought that the Sausage Race is fixed.

As of 12:00 pm today (May 29, 2008) 372 readers responded to the poll. 31.7% said NO that the race is not fixed while 68.3% said YES! If the race is indeed fixed I will never cheer for #3, The Italian Sausage.

13 comments:

JBrandt said...

"I will never cheer for #3, The Italian Sausage."

I was never a fan of Italian sausage. He gloats and oozes arrogance from his sizzling pores. Besides, he has no grill marks. How authentic could a sausage without grill marks be.

Bratt Wurst is the man..err...dog that gets my vote. The irony implicit in his name proves this is a real race. In my book Bratt is the best not the Wurst.

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

I am shocked, next your going to tell me that the Dunkin Donuts race at the CoPa is fixed. I am going to say that neither Italian sausage or Bratt Wurst could beat my guy Cuppy Coffee!

I couldn't find the poll, so if you check it again put me down for a yes.

JBrandt said...

With all due respect, and I usually don't revert to such childish lows, but Cuppy Coffee has issues, deep seated issues. Dude runs around in a white styrofoam shell. Nice.

D. Rohde said...

Cuppy Coffee never got the ESPN national attention like the Hot Dog did when Randall Simon hit him on the head(?) with a baseball bat.

Kevin said...

Cuppy Coffee is too fast for Randall Simon to catch!

JBrandt said...

Cuppy Coffee, should be invited to North's Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Oh, wait, there is no Hall of Fame.

JBrandt said...

Mo, I'll take photo #55 from your Chapman wedding shoot. If you are fond of capitalism, I'm also sure some North students would bid on it as well. Road Dog, sorry about using your blog for comments on other blogs but I didn't want to mar Mo's business.

D. Rohde said...

I just looked at photo #55 and you can talk all you want about it. Mo, were you laughing when you took it?

JBrandt said...

Laughing? My bladder let go/1

Steve-O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve-O said...

In response to Mo's reply, Randall Simon probably would swing and miss anyway. Man, when that guy was a Tiger was that guy a K king or what!? The time he DID hit the “sausage”, I am surprised he actually made contact!!!

JBrandt said...

Road Dog: Would July 8,9 work out? E-mail me at the school account or give me a call. The Cubs are home.