Monday, July 7, 2008

Squeezing Prayer Into a Busy Life

Last week I had the opportunity to join my family in the north woods of Wisconsin. My aunt and uncle have a beautiful house on Kentuck Lake which is located just outside Eagle River, WI. While there I was able to do plenty of biking and running while enjoying God's awesome creation. Anyways at 4:30 am on Friday July 4th my aunt was taken to the Eagle River hospital. She is doing great now, but while visiting her my cousin came across a pamphlet titled "Squeezing Prayer Into a Busy Life". Inside was this prayer (this is not a joke):

Prayer Over Empty Beer Cans Discarded on the Sidewalk
"Lord, please be with whoever left these cans. If they drank from sorrow, heal their hurt. If they drank to escape, help them to face difficulty. If they were simply careless, help them and all of us to remember our duty to preserve the beauty of your creation. Help all of us celebrate the right things, to enjoy like fully but wisely."

No comments: