Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cougar Football Update

Sorry about the lack of updates. I tried to make one the other day, but for whatever reason it would not post. I LOVE technology. Anyways back to the Cougars. Last week has been full of ups and downs. The first team players have been identified and notified of their position on the team. There are some rather unhappy players. I have had many pleasant surprises these last couple of days. Right now the linebacker crew is leading the team in interceptions. Not counting today (sever weather) they have had at least one INT every day. I don't want to pat myself on the back, but I just did. For those that don't know I am the inside linebacker coach.

The team is making strides in the right direction, especially the defense. Although we do make mistakes and I think it has a lot to do with the youth of the team. The offense is hoping to get some players back soon. They have been hit with the injury bug. Fortunately nothing has been serious. A couple sprained ankles, dislocated fingers and strained muscles in the shoulder are just to name a few. Saturday will bring an end to the camp with the Maroon and Gold Scrimmage. Then we work on the Beavers of Blackburn College.

CO COUGARS!!!

1 comment:

JBrandt said...

The Beavers of Blackburn College?

What kind of schedule are you slopping together? After you annihilate the Woodchucks of Wherever University who's next the Oompaloompa Otters of Mammal Tech?