Friday, August 10, 2007

Week in Review

This week has been quite the experience. With the approaching college football season set to begin on Saturday August 11, 2007, the Cougar Football Staff locked themselves in a room for several hours on Monday. Fortunately we had cookies, chips and salsa, pretzels and a plethora of other snacks to keep us sane. At the time of the meeting we were looking at numbers in the 70s-80s. We are very excited about that.

The week continued with a sad even for me... Barry Bonds broke the all-time home run record that was previously held by Hank Aaron. I am now a huge Alex Rodriguez fan. I wish A-Rod the best in his quest to become the new Home Run King.

On Wednesday morning I decided to go on a nice bike ride. The first 11 miles were good, but then the unthinkable. DOWN GOES ROHDE!!! Apparently riding a bike with tires that are about one inch wide on wet blacktop with wet leaves on it at around 20 miles per hour is not the best idea. The Quintanna Roo Kilo had minor damage. A dent to the top tube and a couple of scrapes on the gear shifters. My body was a whole different story. While I was stubborn and continued to ride another 15 miles, I had nice scrapes on my knee, elbow and hip. I was and have been the brunt of many jokes here in Cougar Land.

Saturday will be the first day of football. While I am excited for the start of the season, I am also nervous. I think it all stems from the uncertainty of what is to come. A new team, a new position with new expectations.

Keep checking back for updates on the season.

3 comments:

JBrandt said...

Ouch! The bruises will heal but the ego may take a bit longer. At least you didn't try to ride under a parking lot gate only to be leveled because of the bulging backpack.

Enjoy the season and the year's start. I hear Country Day is a bit nervous for the home opener. However, now that one of the JV football players has joined CC, they are probably somewhat relieved. The playing field has leveled off.

Kevin said...

Long live Barry Bonds, the greatest home run hitter of all time!! Good luck with the start of the season.

JBrandt said...

Who taught Mo the fine art of sarcastic writing?

I'll send you a copy of the bulletin board submission that explains and perhaps embellishes your cycling experience.